What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessments

Started by , Apr 11 2018 11:00 AM
4 Replies

Hi

I am Jocelyn and have been. I work for a water and ice commercial manufacturer. I feel my Food Fraud Policy and Vulnerabilty Assessment is missing something. Generally that is the case with most of my assessments as of cause I only use 1 rare material "water". Anyone else in a similar situation out there. I would love to compare notes!! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes
[Ad]

Bottled water guy here:

You have several ingredients:

Water

Water purifying equipment (maybe) such as carbon filters etc.

Packaging.

My assessment for your business would write off the others and focus on packaging, is it actually food grade? How would you know if it wasn't?

Of course there are also different types of water. Mineral water is considered more valuable then spring which is more valuable then filtered tap water, what type of water is it and what would be the implications of bottling the wrong one eg tap water instead of mineral water.

Hi ,

I think your fraud assessment approach should be based on all raw materials,ingridients,packaging and outsourced processes if any,

The risk then can be determined by evaluating likelihood of detection against likelihood of occurrence of the intentional substitution,adulteration etc of the above for finacial or economical gain.

I have used this approach to develop a VACCP successfully.

regards,

D.KAMAU.

Hi

I am Jocelyn and have been. I work for a water and ice commercial manufacturer. I feel my Food Fraud Policy and Vulnerabilty Assessment is missing something. Generally that is the case with most of my assessments as of cause I only use 1 rare material "water". Anyone else in a similar situation out there. I would love to compare notes!! 

So what was the FS Standard ?!

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace?