What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

CCP advice for a bakery

Started by , Apr 11 2018 06:05 PM
5 Replies

Hello,

I need help with my CCP, we are a Bakery and we do wholesale and retail, My questions goes in regards metal detector as a CCP , Can I avoid the inclusion of a metal detector as a CCP for my process of baking pies? can It just be the Killing step , cooking process my CCP? will this be acceptable for a SQF Audit?

We manufacture different types of pies that goes into a metal tin and we packed them with it.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Food Safety Considerations in a Pinsa Bakery
[Ad]

If the actual pie tin is the only exposure risk to metal then I wouldn't include it as a risk. SQF simply wants you to be able to back up your hazard analysis. I would only have your time/temperature kill step as a CCP 

1 Thank

Agree with Scampi - as long as you can prove you don't have past history of a problem with metal contamination and that the risk is minimal, then it probably wouldn't be a CCP.  

1 Thank

We are a bakery also. I listed my metal detectors as PCP- Preventive Controls.

Dear Carla,

Some advice which could be helpful to provide an answer to your interesting question.

The determination of a CCP is quite a logic process. It depends on the risk intensity, a result from your risk assessment. If the risk is sufficiently high, it will be the HACCP decision tree providing you the answer, adapted to your specific process.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens
1 Thank

Thank you all for your quick response. I'm also planning to add in my risk assessment for making the metal detector a CP our history with no metal contaminations.

Similar Discussion Topics
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Food Safety Considerations in a Pinsa Bakery Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Dry Cleaning in Bakery Goods Advice on becoming a food safety auditor Kill step measurement for bakery items Is Colour E 129 permitted to use in Fine Bakery Wares in the EU?