What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are there any hazards in product labelling, storage and despatch?

Started by , Apr 13 2018 07:20 AM
6 Replies

In my Hazard analysis, steps like product labelling. FG stroage, Despatch having no hazards. Am I right?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility?
[Ad]

What if the label is incorrect or applied to the wrong product?

What if the storage area has the potential to contaminate product?

What if the delivery vehicle or the other loads it carries can contaminate product?

Hi Mohan,

Depending on your products being stored and labelled there is room for error at all these steps- raw/RTE contamination, loss of temperature control, allergen cross-contamination, pests are 4 hazards that spring to mind just from storage alone. With your labelling there's potential for allergens to be missed or incorrectly declared in the ingredients list, use-by dates. With dispatch what is the chance of the vehicle's refrigeration not functioning correctly? The vehicle being dirty or harboring pests?

These are just a few things that are coming off the top of my head, I'm sure you'll come up with more relevant hazards in time.

Best of luck,

Andy

In my Hazard analysis, steps like product labelling. FG stroage, Despatch having no hazards. Am I right?

It depends on the product.

Allergen labeling and verification can be a control point at your labeling step (if your product contains an allergen).

What if the label is incorrect or applied to the wrong product?

What if the storage area has the potential to contaminate product?

What if the delivery vehicle or the other loads it carries can contaminate product?

All good potential hazards from Simon. I would also add, if your product is perishable, what if any sort of temperature requirement wasn't met? Or what if the humidity wasn't where it needed to be?

Wrong.

Incorrect product label?  allergens wrong, wrong product etc.... 

Storage?  Temperature, humidity, other spoiler items, above/below other allergens risk of spill and cross contamination to products

Dispatch?  Truck inspection, temperature, seals etc...

We generate almost as much data/control documentation for  labeling, storage and shipping as we do for manufacturing.

Hello,

Our product labeling is one of our CCPs. Labeling is very significant. When you miss to declare allergens, mislabel the content or mixed-up the label there significant hazard that the consuming public is exposed to, besides legal liabilities.

regards,

redfox

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Warehouse Storage Practices