What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Packaging - Regulatory Compliance EU, China and India data

Started by , Apr 16 2018 11:22 AM
5 Replies

Part of my new position is regulatory compliance within the food packaging industry, I am struggling with the majority of our suppliers to supply requested compliance data in a smooth way. The information I receive from suppliers differs from company to company and does not always cover the requested compliance date. 

I am also trying to create awareness in-house about the importance of having the correct and most up to date versions on site.  

I need to make this part of my job easier and less time consuming by developing a "Regulatory Guidance Procedure for Suppliers." 

Any feedback on what I should include in this procedure would be helpful.

I am also looking for a suitable regulatory compliance data course for myself, any guidance on suitable courses in the UK would be really helpful. 

Regards

Jo 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

If your issue is that your supplier documentation doesn't have a helpful date or expiration date for your program maintenance, I would encourage you to rely less on what they provide and more on your review.

For supplier specifications and materials, I review once annually and update anything expired, but then MY review is the most recent date I worry about, not the dates on the materials they provided. In this way you aren't strapped to their audit schedule etc., but suppliers are reviewed annually without delay.

1 Thank

Part of my new position is regulatory compliance within the food packaging industry, I am struggling with the majority of our suppliers to supply requested compliance data in a smooth way. The information I receive from suppliers differs from company to company and does not always cover the requested compliance date. 

I am also trying to create awareness in-house about the importance of having the correct and most up to date versions on site.  

I need to make this part of my job easier and less time consuming by developing a "Regulatory Guidance Procedure for Suppliers." 

Any feedback on what I should include in this procedure would be helpful.

I am also looking for a suitable regulatory compliance data course for myself, any guidance on suitable courses in the UK would be really helpful. 

Regards

Jo 

Hi Jo,

It might "slightly" relate to the kind of Packaging Product/Process you are referring to.

Regardless I anticipate you are risking an Encyclopedia.

One immediate difficulty is that many Countries Regulations are unavailable in English. And this, IM(Food)EX, includes the EU. :smile:

Or, despite the Title/Forum, did you only mean UK ? If so, maybe a smaller Encyclopedia.

I haven't checked but Campden seem to have courses for almost everything Food related.

1 Thank

addendum

Not my area but JFI I noticed that Googling "Regulatory Requirements for Food Packaging" immediately displayed a few organisations who seemed to be offering (presumably) current overviews for Europe/USA/China.

1 Thank

Thanks, Charles

I really appreciate your help. I am struggling to understand regulatory compliance for various food contact materials.

Pointing me in the right direction from IFSQN members is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jo  

Develop a checklist of compliance requirements for you suppliers ask them to fill it and send to your before dispatches.Also ask them to send e-docket (if required) with the checklist.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Me

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces