What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How long before a sanitized tank's clean status will expire?

Started by , Apr 16 2018 06:30 PM
2 Replies

Is there any documentation out there regarding how long a tank will stay sanitized?

I understand performing a cleaning validation/in house validation would be the best way to go about setting a sanitation expiry, but is there any data out there to help me along?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule First Expire First Out (FEFO) Policy BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area How long can a machine be down before cleaning needs to be performed? Organic Status - Flour Production
[Ad]

Without a validation, my basic rule of thumb would be that whatever your sanitation interval is good for if you were to run continuously, that's how long the equipment stays "clean".

E.g. if you were to run continuously out of a tank for one shift before requiring it to be sanitized, then a sanitize event is good for one shift.

Is there any documentation out there regarding how long a tank will stay sanitized?

I understand performing a cleaning validation/in house validation would be the best way to go about setting a sanitation expiry, but is there any data out there to help me along?

Thanks!

Logically you need to specify what you mean by "unsanitized".? Or is that the (implied) query in yr OP ?

Additionally, without knowing yr specific usage details, yr question is IMO unanswerable. Some data is required.

Similar Discussion Topics
Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule First Expire First Out (FEFO) Policy BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area How long can a machine be down before cleaning needs to be performed? Organic Status - Flour Production How long should we be reworking product made with multiple lots of rework? Prop 65, REACH, RoHS Status? How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks How Long Should You Flush Water Lines For Sampling