What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Facility Address required on which documents?

Started by , Apr 17 2018 09:28 PM
3 Replies

Background: BRC certified food manufacturing facility producing shelf stable products

According to https://www.accessda....cfm?fr=117.305

"Records must: (1) Information adequate to identify the plant or facility (e.g., the name, and when necessary, the location of the plant or facility)"

We have hundreds of documents covering everything under the sun, am I to understand that these need to have my facility name and address on each one?

What exactly constitutes a "record that must be established and maintained" ? Just the food safety plan or all documentation associated with prerequisite programs, food safety plan, etc.? 

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Fumes in the Production Facility Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Pallet treatment standards for a food facility
[Ad]
hat exactly constitutes a "record that must be established and maintained" ? 

Any record FDA would reasonably expect you to have :). But mainly primary production records detailing critical food safety plan and traceability information.

am I to understand that these need to have my facility name and address on each one?

No, your records must include Information adequate to identify the plant or facility (e.g., the name, and when necessary, the location of the plant or facility)"

Does you plant have only one location? Then listing the location isn't necessary.

Information adequate to identify can be a code, letterhead, or box that someone checks. The point of the requirement is that someone is able to look at the record and know what company and location it belongs to.

All of my records have the company name in the header (only 1 location) that should suffice I would think---if more than 1 location include est # or city 

Training records (i.e Food Defense training for employees) should also indicate facility location - for multiple plant sites I have seen a stamp made for each site so that the same training document can be used and then stamped when the record is graded.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Fumes in the Production Facility Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Water testing at new facility HACCP annual reassessment form for RTE facility Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? Can we test the water used in our facility using water testing kits?