What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Lab or Computer Nutritional Analysis for BRC?

Started by , Apr 25 2018 10:54 AM
4 Replies

Hi 

I have our product nutritional information verified by computer analysis through Nutricalc but i was wondering do i also need lab verified analysis to comply with BRC standards? I have our claims validated by a lab e.g Gluten free. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Bronagh 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis FSVP Hazard Analysis
[Ad]
Dear Bronagh,

It's never bad, to verify your data by a lab analysis. Sometimes you discover interesting differences leading to improvements of your calculation system.

Furthermore it gives you more due diligence.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Lab analysis are always better and more 'real' than calculation. But it is not obligatory.

I disagree with raa89. Nutrition calculation can give excellent accuracy if you use accurate data and avoid errors.

To get accurate results from lab analysis, you must have an accurately manufactured sample. But the precision can be poor if it is hard to homogenise. And labs are mostly very good, but they do make mistakes sometimes!

Of course, to lab test, sample must be representative. If our product is hard to homogenise our calculation also can have low precision (for each pcs).   

Everything depends on ingredients - somethimes is neccesary to do a more than one test (seasonal changes). 

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis FSVP Hazard Analysis Gap Analysis between ISO 22K:2018 vs BRCGS v9/8 or IFS v7/6 Hazard Analysis - Preservative How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Risk Analysis for EMP program Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy