What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier does not want to provide the identity of his supplier

Started by , Apr 26 2018 03:43 PM
6 Replies

Dear all,

I have a problem with a supplier certified against the standard BRC (not BRC Agent &Broker). We usually buy from this supplier a product, that this is not produced by him.

This supplier doesn't want to give us the identity of its supplier...is it possible, even it is BRC certified? 

How I can answer to him?

many thanks in advance

best regards

Michela

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer
[Ad]

there's not any details on the packaging that would help you figure out who the manufacture is?  

Run away, quickly.

Marshall

1 Like

I like the run away quickly comment by Marshall!

But, if you can't readily do that you may need to sign an agreement that you won't pull the rug out from under your direct supplier and deal with their supplier directly - seen that before.

You should inform them that you need transparency and must know their supplier.

Then after all that and they still won't tell you --- do what Marshall says and run away quickly!

Thanks for your comment....My question was...if they are BRC certified, are they obliged to tell me the name of their supplier? Is there any quirck of the standard to which I can appeal?

@Marshall.....it is not so easy to run away.......

They are only obligated to tell you what you've AGREED to. There own supplier assessment meets their GFSI standard and has nothing to do with their customers

YOUR supplier program should stipulate what you REQUIRE from your vendors. If you require manufacturer information regardless of buying direct or through a broker, and the broker won't give it to you, then you are not complying with your program. 

The point here is, you need to comply with YOUR PROGRAM

Not always easy to run, but perhaps now is a good time to start walking  (e.g. find a new supplier/broker)

Curious, what ingredient is at issue?

Hello Michela,

IMEX, we have trouble before with our SAPP supplier/trader. They even not allowed us to visit their warehouse. BRC give us NC though minor since the product can not be traced until to its manufacturer. Our CA is replace the supplier.

Eventually we found one and they very cooperative.

regards,

redfox

Similar Discussion Topics
Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals