What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hazard Analysis for potato chips

Started by , Apr 27 2018 08:13 AM
2 Replies

Hello people,

Does anyone have an example of a hazard analysis for a potato chips production plant?

Thank you in advance for your time

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP?
[Ad]

Nikolaos,

I have worked at a potato chip plant for over 10 years and have developed a few hazard analysis (helping other manufactures - long story) specifically for potato chips.

The first important thing is to find / get / train someone to understand Hazard Analysis and Preventative Controls.  

Then, when looking for specific hazards, check with the FDA guidance document: https://www.fda.gov/...A/UCM517402.pdf

It lists the following hazards: Salmonella spp., Mycotoxins / Natural Toxins, bacterial pathogen survival of a lethal treatment, re contamination with environmental pathogens, Undeclared allergens - incorrect label, undeclared allergens -  cross contact, chemical hazards, and metal.

Basically, that comes down to having well defined programs for you cooking / frying step, sanitation program, allergen program, and metal detection.

I hope that gets you started.

1 Thank

thank you very much

Nikolaos,

I have worked at a potato chip plant for over 10 years and have developed a few hazard analysis (helping other manufactures - long story) specifically for potato chips.

The first important thing is to find / get / train someone to understand Hazard Analysis and Preventative Controls.  

Then, when looking for specific hazards, check with the FDA guidance document: https://www.fda.gov/...A/UCM517402.pdf

It lists the following hazards: Salmonella spp., Mycotoxins / Natural Toxins, bacterial pathogen survival of a lethal treatment, re contamination with environmental pathogens, Undeclared allergens - incorrect label, undeclared allergens -  cross contact, chemical hazards, and metal.

Basically, that comes down to having well defined programs for you cooking / frying step, sanitation program, allergen program, and metal detection.

I hope that gets you started.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP? Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Salmonella testing for Candies and Marshmallow as per CFIA and FDA hazard identification Hazard Analysis of raw material ingredients Unforeseen Hazard of a Power Outage