What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SID Numbers Exemption Requirements

Started by , May 08 2018 11:54 PM
5 Replies

Hello Everyone  :spoton:

I am developing a food safety plan for my company (distributor facility). Since we are a distributing facility and only store packaged food, we only need to develop a food safety plan for TCS foods.  I was given a list of products that need to have an SID number but currently have not been registered for it. I was told that these foods should be added into my food safety plan and be under refrigeration to make up for not having SID numbers. In other words as long as these ACIDIFIED FOODS/LOW ACID FOODS are maintained under time and temperature controls it is okay not to have the SID numbers. 

Have you heard about such thing? 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging
[Ad]

whoa whoa whoa.............low acid/acidified foods that DO NOT have a SID may be illegally processed............as per FDA. So if I were you, I would be asking some more questions. Not ALL acidified/low acid foods require a SID.........if the product ALWAYS needs refrigerated and has an expiration date that is relatively short, probably not required. 

SO, are all the products you DO NOT have a SID for perishable/ NOT shelf stable?  please clarify

U.S. FDA FOOD CANNING ESTABLISHMENT (FCE) REGISTRATION AND PROCESS FILINGS (SID) U.S. FDA CITATION: 21 C.F.R. § 108 SUBPART B (2015), 21 C.F.R. § 113 (2015), & 21 C.F.R. § 114 (2015)FCE_SID_NoExpiration-Small.jpg

The U.S. FDA requires companies that produce certain Acidified and Low-Acid Canned Food (LACF) packaged in hermetically sealed containers to obtain a Food Canning Establishment (FCE) registration. In addition, food canning establishments must file documentation with FDA for each process used in the production of foods subject to these requirements. Each of these “Process Filings” is assigned a unique “Submission Identifier” (SID) number.

A SID must be submitted in the form of an “Affirmation of Compliance Code” (AofC) when importing these products into the United States.

1 Thank

Hello,

Thank you very much for your response and attachments! Yes, all of these products need refrigeration and are not shelf stable. I just found the below document from FDA, based on this I believe that if the product is stored, distributed and retailed under refrigeration or frozen conditions then it will not need an SID number. Correct?

Precursor Questions

1. Is the product stored, distributed, and retailed under refrigerated or frozen conditions? If yes, go to 1(a). If no, go to 2.

a. The product is not covered by 21 CFR Part 113 or 21 CFR Part 114.

https://www.fda.gov/...n/UCM417292.pdf

I will really appreciate your response.

That appears to be correct based on what I've read as well...........we produced shelf stable acidified foods....that's why I put the whoa whoa who lol....because we and our american counter parts MUST have a schedule process on file and/or submitted but refrigerated "fresh pack" has a different set of standards

Yes, the SID is issued to companies who submit their scheduled process (shelf stable) product(s)

Thank you very much for your help!! 

Thank you both for the contribution of knowledge, but when you request the SID to whom you send your

transformation process so that they can release the authorization number ?? Thank you

Similar Discussion Topics
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Requirements for Work In Process WIP Requirements for packaging SQF Requirements - Pest Control Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC