What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Recirculating water - high no. of total number of microorganisms

Started by , May 19 2018 05:17 PM
2 Replies

Hi everyone!

I have a question related to the micro problem with recirculating water.

The tank is filled with municipal water (this municipal water is softening with salt in softening system). I observed a high number of total number of micros but only those in 37°C (no coliforms, no Salmonella was observed). I decided to remove part of the water from the tank and add some new volume from municipal water (it was done a few times but without any impact on micro). So, next step was to wash system using chemicals (still – high number of total number of microorganisms). Did someone of you had a similar situation and would be able to give any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Recirculating Wash Water in fresh produce processing?
[Ad]

Hi everyone!

I have a question related to the micro problem with recirculating water.

The tank is filled with municipal water (this municipal water is softening with salt in softening system). I observed a high number of total number of micros but only those in 37°C (no coliforms, no Salmonella was observed). I decided to remove part of the water from the tank and add some new volume from municipal water (it was done a few times but without any impact on micro). So, next step was to wash system using chemicals (still – high number of total number of microorganisms). Did someone of you had a similar situation and would be able to give any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Hi lvqa,

Yr process is unclear to me.

A logical action might be to measure the micro.levels in input municipal water before you have done things to it ?

Hello Ivqa,

Re-circulating means re-using of your water? If so, did you treat your used water before it enter into your storage tank? Municipal water should pass WHO water standard. Your plumbing/piping system must also be checked.

regards,

redfox

Similar Discussion Topics
Recirculating Wash Water in fresh produce processing?