What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Dairy HACCP plan risk assessment

Started by , May 22 2018 01:32 PM
1 Reply

Hi Everyone,

I am totally overthinking the dairy HACCP plan that I'm working on so I'm reaching out for advice.  

With regards to the risk assessment:

1.  Do you consider pathogenic contamination/growth as "fatal" or "serious illness" on the severity scale?

2.  Do you consider the PRPs, SOPs, SSOPs, etc. that are in place when determining the likelihood of the hazard occurring or should the likelihood of the hazard occurring be assessed in the absence of those controls?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jen

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Test for determining Milk Fat adulteration in the dairy Industry. Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product Supplier Audit points for Dairy plant Microbiological Limits for non-dairy ice cream Dairy Reference Standard for Filling-Packing Room
[Ad]

Hi Jen,

Nice questions to improve your HACCP plan. Here are some thoughts:

1. The severity of (outgrown) pathogens in your product at the moment of its consumption is to be considered as the highest on your scale. The category "Lethal" can be completed with "Serious illness with lasting consequences", being "Serious illness with lasting consequences or lethal".

2. The risk assessment is done as there weren't any implemented measures.

I wish you good luck with this interesting task !!!

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Test for determining Milk Fat adulteration in the dairy Industry. Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product Supplier Audit points for Dairy plant Microbiological Limits for non-dairy ice cream Dairy Reference Standard for Filling-Packing Room Pasteurization parameters for non-dairy whipping cream Pasteurization Validation of non-dairy products Continuous manufacturing for dairy powder manufacturer New QA Manager in Dairy Importing dairy and vegan products from Japan...what should be on the outercase labels?