What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pesticide Residue Report

Started by , Jun 04 2018 03:58 PM
2 Replies

Just looking for advice on what exactly this is. Customer wants a pesticide residue report. We do not use pesticide on our product, so I am only assuming they want something from when the product is grown (agricultural good).

Does this need to be something that is done in a lab? Or is there another way to fulfill this. 

All advice and examples very appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How often is pesticide rotation required? Pesticide analysis for dietary supplements Pesticide Residues - A global food safety and Food Security challenge Pesticide Residues - A global food safety and Food Security challenge Pesticide Residues - A global food safety and Food Security challenge
[Ad]

You will need to have your FG anaylized at a lab in order to get this information. If your crop in question was certified organic, that MIGHT suffice, but otherwise, you'll need a lab. 

If I were you, to be safe, I would ask your suppliers which pesticides the use on the fields, just to have it in writing that they are not using anything they shouldn't be

Governments put together what are called MRL, or maximum residue limits for both pesticides and veterarian drugs. These limits come from lab work that has been done to have the chemical approved for use. Some countries have tighter limits that others.

Check GlobalMRL.com for the United States limits.

1 Thank

Thank you Scampi,

We do have Organic product, which is tested.

I just don't have anything for conventional product. So thank you for the resources and information.

Similar Discussion Topics
How often is pesticide rotation required? Pesticide analysis for dietary supplements Pesticide Residues - A global food safety and Food Security challenge Pesticide Residues - A global food safety and Food Security challenge Pesticide Residues - A global food safety and Food Security challenge Annual analysis of heavy metal and pesticide for Thailand market Is there a standard pesticide rotation frequency? Heavy metal and pesticide MRL Pesticide Tolerance for Dried Brewer's Yeast Guidelines for developing a pesticide storage plan