What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How liquid behaves in a standard truck depending on the temperature

Started by , Jun 07 2018 07:52 AM
3 Replies

Dear Community, 

perhaps you will be able to help me with the following question - do you have any materials on how a liquid (let's assume water) behaves as function of the duration of trips in regular containers/trucks/insulated trucks/non operating reefers – in different outside temperature conditions?

The idea behind it is of course cost savings - if let's say I could transport a liquid product for more hours in a regular truck for a few more hours without compromising quality i/o in insulated truck as I currently do.

Many thanks in advance! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Temperature recording document in Excel What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Ice cream standard
[Ad]

Dear Agata,

That depends on the liquid you are transporting. And the legal requirements and the quality/food safety criteria that are applicable to that liquid.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

1 Thank

Hi Gerard, 

thank you for your reply! 

That would be a soft drink in my case... I also found this website http://www.container...4_03_01_01.html and tried to use the equation provided there, however i'm stuck at the meaning of "e"... any idea what that could be?  :helpplease:  

Dear Agata,

That depends on the liquid you are transporting. And the legal requirements and the quality/food safety criteria that are applicable to that liquid.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Dear Agata,

Couldn't it be Euler's number? As it isn't specified under the equation, it's the first thing I think about. Also, because this mathematical constant plays a role in natural processes.

"The number e is a approximately equal to 2.71828"

It's interesting to see, whether it gives you relevant results, when you put 2.71828 in your equation.

Kind regards,

Gerard

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Temperature recording document in Excel What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Lids on Liquid Products Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce?