What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Obligatory New guy post

Started by , Jun 13 2018 12:34 AM
7 Replies

Hi everyone,

My name is Tom and I am from Springfield Mo.  My friend and supervisor at my night job owns a local golf course and we are opening a water bottling plant. 

My background is in machining and I have been working in that field for 27 years and am currently a Quality Technician.  I run and do light programming on a Coordinate Measuring Machine.

I currently know nothing about food quality or working with the FDA except what I picked up from the week long HACCP class we took in Las Vegas.  I am off to a great start because the first thing I did here was download a HACCP excel spreadsheet that is going to make a really good template for us.

Our current level is we have a building up and they just finished paving the parking lot today.  Our water line is supposed to start arriving next week.  I am looking forward to helping set it up and running through the process with the people the supplier is sending down for set up and training. I am sure I will run into questions getting everything up and running and this looks like it could be a really good resource for answers.

Tom

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Welcome Tom, You will find  lots of different experience and at all different levels so you should fit right in. I personally have learned a lot from various people here and hope you will to.  :welcome:

Welcome! You've come to the right place - I know several other members are also in the water bottling industry on this forum.  Best of luck in your new endeavor!

Welcome to the group, the people on this site are very responsive and helpful, many years of experience and expertise

Welcome Tom, it should be an interesting and fun ride.

Good Luck ! like to know how you going with it

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

I suggest you should already be also thinking about the waste disposal aspects.

Welcome, Tom! 

I was traveling through Branson last week and visited Patton Alley Pub in Springfield!

We operate out of Lincoln, NE. 

You may find the International Bottled Water Association website and organization a good resource for you. It's a group of bottlers ranging from 5-gallon to more of the store size .5 L bottlers.

They have a regional group called Central States Bottled Water Association that has local speakers on Quality and Safety. You may find value in attending one of their meetings to see if there are good things for you to learn. Our team works with many bottlers on the data collection side, though mostly the large ones. I'd be happy to discuss with you digital solutions at some point if it looks like it would benefit you! 

Welcome to the forum!

Similar Discussion Topics