What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Which module of the SQF Code do I need to follow?

Started by , Jun 18 2018 08:05 PM
22 Replies

Hi All,

May i know where to fing quality coe and safety code.We wll have audit soon.We are manufactuing facility.Which module i need to refer? 

We fall under FSC 17.

Which document i need to prefer?Our plant is very small.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Follow-up for SQF failure SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline
[Ad]

Since you posted this under SQF Code, I recommend Modules 2 & 11, edition 8. 

But if you have an audit soon, and you're just asking about the modules now, I'm afraid you're in a bit of a pickle

How soon is the audit?

1 Thank

Audit after 6 week

It also depends on what you manufacture. 

Hi All,

May i know where to fing quality code and safety code.We wll have audit soon.We are manufactuing facility.Which module i need to refer? 

We fall under FSC 17.

Which document i need to prefer?Our plant is very small.

https://www.sqfi.com/documents/

You will find the Quality and Safety Codes on the SQF website.

JIgi, I've got to ask, why are you just looking at the modules now?  Are you currently certified under another scheme?

Even for a very small plant, getting this amount of work ready and well done in 6 weeks is a herculean feat

So,I need to follow food safety and quality code for manufacturing?

Its two separate

We cerified 7.2 and AIB

AH, now it all makes sense....sorry for hitting the panic button!!!

You do not HAVE to follow the quality code if you weren't certified to level 3 before

So i need to follow food safety and quality both different code?

Were you certified to level 3 before?

No.This is first time for level 3 .We will going through audit. We had audit level 2 last year.

Do we need SPC cerification?

OK, the quality code is what level three used to be.....so you do not need it

Just the manufacturing code v 8

SPC?

Statastical process control

Do we need SPC cerification?

Please refer to the FAQ section, as it already have some answers to your queries;

https://www.sqfi.com...-FAQs-Final.pdf

This is too funny!

I needed a good chuckle today - thank you!

Please refer to the FAQ section, as it already have some answers to your queries;

https://www.sqfi.com...-FAQs-Final.pdf

Hi FSQA,

Thks for the link.

I note this -

64. What will I need to do to qualify as an SQF quality practitioner?  
The education and knowledge requirements of an SQF practitioner are outlined in SQF Quality Code, edition 8 in element 2.1.2.5. They are as follows:
In addition to the SQF Food Safety Code requirements, the SQF quality practitioner shall:
  i. Be competent to implement and maintain HACCP-based food quality plans;
  ii. Understand the SQF Quality Code and the requirements to implement and maintain a quality management system; and
   iii.          Be competent in statistical process control (SPC) and/or other quality tools to reduce process variation and drive root cause analysis of non-conformities.

I interpret the above as offering a (fortuitous) chance to ignore all the cryptic requirements concerning  "SPC" in the 8 Version. (Uselessly addressed in the Guidance IIRC).

Any idea what other "quality tools" may be SQF acceptable ?

Hi FSQA,

Thks for the link.

I note this -

I interpret the above as offering a (fortuitous) chance to ignore all the cryptic requirements concerning  "SPC" in the 8 Version. (Uselessly addressed in the Guidance IIRC).

Any idea what other "quality tools" may be SQF acceptable ?

I agree with your interpretation, as the statement above is left wide open in terms on SPC understanding, as a requirement for an SQF practitioner.

I am not an expert on SQF requirements and will leave it to our SQF experts on the forum, however, IMO SQF "MIGHT" accept other quality tools such as Statistical Quality Control (SQC), Inspections and Auditing, Six SIGMA/LEAN (though SPC is still a part of it), etc. 

As the above highlighted statements says, any quality tool that assists to reduce process variation and drive root cause analysis of non-conformities.

Similar Discussion Topics
Follow-up for SQF failure SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline SQF Quality Code 2.8.1.2 Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System