What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Freezer Temperature Variations

Started by , Jun 21 2018 09:25 PM
4 Replies

Frozen Section at one of my company's facility is acting up and Temperatures are going upto 9F (-12C).

( A little bit history- Prior to me joining this company the upper limit was set at 10F max (no idea why) so it was a norm previously, however I have changed/enforced the limits to be dropped to be -2F max and for the last few months it has been consistent. Recently, we encountered a breakage in one of the air duct lines and the temps fluctuated and went on a higher note of 9F. Currently, we are working to bring it down to the -2F) 

(Product Type: Raw Fish, Raw Meat,ready to eat Chicken and other food products- Frozen)

Should i be concerned of any hazards (though the temps were way below <40F? 

As always,  any help is appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Freezer a PC? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Air filtration for blast freezer Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature How to mitigate or prevent Frost on Spiral Freezer entrance?
[Ad]

Hey can you please confirm the device specification  in which you are facing this problem,

Are you setting the temperature manually, then I should suggest you to use Wireless Temperature sensor which help you to keep you updated using Internet.

1 Thank

You may have some quality issues (from the slight "thaw") and perhaps some shelf life reduction, but food safety wise, you've nothing to worry about

Is the freezer on a maintenance schedule?

1 Thank

Hey can you please confirm the device specification  in which you are facing this problem,

Are you setting the temperature manually, then I should suggest you to use Wireless Temperature sensor which help you to keep you updated using Internet.

Yes, it is controlled manually through a software.

We have alarm installed and a continuous online monitoring through probes installed in the freezer.

You may have some quality issues (from the slight "thaw") and perhaps some shelf life reduction, but food safety wise, you've nothing to worry about

Is the freezer on a maintenance schedule?

Thanks Scampi, it is what i assumed too, but it is always a good idea to get a second opinion.

Yes, this particular freezer is on a maintenance schedule.

Similar Discussion Topics
Freezer a PC? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Air filtration for blast freezer Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature How to mitigate or prevent Frost on Spiral Freezer entrance? Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Freezer Truck Refrigerant Unit Calibration Chiller and Freezer Breakdown Procedures Freezer Thermometer Calibration Freezer Floor Cleaning products