What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cold resistant gloves

Started by , Jun 27 2018 12:00 AM
3 Replies

Hello,

So I work as a QA tech at my facility and it is cold, about 40-50 degrees, on the production floor.  Since a lot of what I test and check requires me to use my hands they get cold pretty fast.  I have tried two different pairs of "cold resistant gloves" only for them to not work.  They either fell apart, which isn't good due to possible foreign material, or they just don't work.  I need suggestions.  I need something durable and long lasting.  Something that will keep my hands and fingers warm.  Cold and water resistant a must.  BTW I have to wear latex gloves as well so if that helps with suggestions.  Thanks in advance for your tips and suggestions.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Cold Smoked Prawns HACCP HACCP Cold Storage Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement
[Ad]

Hello,

So I work as a QA tech at my facility and it is cold, about 40-50 degrees, on the production floor.  Since a lot of what I test and check requires me to use my hands they get cold pretty fast.  I have tried two different pairs of "cold resistant gloves" only for them to not work.  They either fell apart, which isn't good due to possible foreign material, or they just don't work.  I need suggestions.  I need something durable and long lasting.  Something that will keep my hands and fingers warm.  Cold and water resistant a must.  BTW I have to wear latex gloves as well so if that helps with suggestions.  Thanks in advance for your tips and suggestions.  

Hi mjacobsen,

Why is it so cold ? i would hv thought the workers would have same problem as you ?

Ah, you must be in a meat packing house! I hear you completely.

There really aren't that many options available that allow for any dexterity at all. There are a lot of thermal gloves, but you cannot feel an thing and can barely hold a thermometer

There might be something here. 

www.legionsafety.com/winterworkgloves.html

Hi mjacobsen,

Why is it so cold ? i would hv thought the workers would have same problem as you ?

Hey Charles,

Some of the other workers have complained, but since they are moving around they stay pretty warm.  I was hoping to find something test it out and then suggest it to the facility if they worked out good.

Ah, you must be in a meat packing house! I hear you completely.

There really aren't that many options available that allow for any dexterity at all. There are a lot of thermal gloves, but you cannot feel an thing and can barely hold a thermometer

There might be something here. 

www.legionsafety.com/winterworkgloves.html

Scampi,  yes its a meat packing house type facility.  Thanks for the website hopefully I'll find what I am looking for there

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Cold Smoked Prawns HACCP HACCP Cold Storage Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product Cold Storage added to our current HACCP Plan Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite Design Cold Chain Temp Monitoring Program Cold Chain Standards