What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Standard specification limit of TPC and Yeast & Mold count

Started by , Jul 03 2018 06:10 AM
8 Replies

hello,

i just want to ask the standard limit for TPC and Y & M.. i just want to ask for reference on it..during our audit last year i set the TPC as 1000 cfu/g as what i have searched through internet. but the auditor said its not enough as evidence..he was asking for an accredited or reliable source of information such as from FDA.. i hope anyone can help me..

thank you and more power..

marichu

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction?
[Ad]

Hi Marichu,

The microbiological norms depend very much of your product. Try to find product specific information around. You can use the following sources:

• Legal documents (legislation or at the food authority of your country)
  • Your product parameters (Water activity (Aw), pH and (storage) temperature, to study the outgrowth of the bacteria and yeasts and molds
  • Product specific information which are typical for your product (available at branch organisations or associations)

Hope, this helps you further.

Kind regards,

Gerard H.

thank you sir Gerard and more power...

This has been shared before on the forum but depending on your product this may help:

https://www.fsis.usd...pdf?MOD=AJPERES

1 Thank

hello,

i just want to ask the standard limit for TPC and Y & M.. i just want to ask for reference on it..during our audit last year i set the TPC as 1000 cfu/g as what i have searched through internet. but the auditor said its not enough as evidence..he was asking for an accredited or reliable source of information such as from FDA.. i hope anyone can help me..

thank you and more power..

marichu

As already mentioned, more information is required to assist, eg What is it ?

For example, if you refer to generic cooked shrimp, yr value (M) is incorrect by a factor of probably between 10 and 1000 times.

Hi,

National legislation is the base and also the legislation of the customer (if its another country).

Also the know-how which is the general agreed limits for the product from different producers may be taken into account.

Also instead of tpc you can identify diiferent indicator organisms lime salmonella and e.coli as well.

I think your product is a sterilised product lke tomato paste or something.

Hi,

National legislation is the base and also the legislation of the customer (if its another country).

Also the know-how which is the general agreed limits for the product from different producers may be taken into account.

Also instead of tpc you can identify diiferent indicator organisms lime salmonella and e.coli as well.

I think your product is a sterilised product lke tomato paste or something.

Hi Immortal,

Unfortunately product remains unknown. i rather doubt that a sterile product would have the APC spec mentioned in OP .

i agree yr general comments but note that Salmonella spp. is unlikely to be an indicator. Generic E.coli possibly.

Hello, 

We manufacuture supplements for menopause and it consists of botanicals/herbals such as black cohosh.  Is there a limit on finished product mold and yeast count for such supplements? We ususally abide by the <100 cfu/g specification.  This specific run is coming back higher on the mold count in the lower thousand.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We are SQF audited and FDA as well. 

Thank you, 

Hello, 

We manufacuture supplements for menopause and it consists of botanicals/herbals such as black cohosh.  Is there a limit on finished product mold and yeast count for such supplements? We ususally abide by the <100 cfu/g specification.  This specific run is coming back higher on the mold count in the lower thousand.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We are SQF audited and FDA as well. 

Thank you, 

Hi Sarah,

Seems to be a duplicate Post, ie

https://www.ifsqn.co...ts/#entry157156

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? ASDA manufacturing standard How to comply with the standard of not storing product directly on the floor? Latest version of Yum standard Australia Standard for Environment Swabs Interpretation of APHA standard for APC in air