What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What to look for in an audit of a flour mill?

Started by , Jul 03 2018 08:37 AM
4 Replies

I need your thoughts on this I hope you can help me.

This coming friday i'll be conducting an audit with flour milling  as our supplier , what are the things that i should look into or give more focus on?

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

Dear Dennis,

For this audit, you should focus at least on the following topics:

• Aflatoxins
  • Pest control (Rodents, moths and beetles)
  • Traceability of the batches and the mixes
  • Sieves (separation of foreign bodies)
  • Metal detection
  • Process and product controls
  • Microbiological testing of the finished product
  • Environmental control
  • Allergen management
  • Food defense
  • Lubricating agents
  • Cleaning program
  • Your own criteria (such as provenance or labels)

So, a lot of topics to look at. I wish you an excellent audit!!!

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Generally speaking, I would watch the behaviors of the folks working on the floor.......that will tell you alot about the food safety philosophy. Also, look at any overhead structures, they are often missed and can build up material that could then fall into the finished product

Also, verify how they are receiving the bulk grain, are the transport containers being cleaned between uses? Are they same vehicles used for mustard seed (allergen cross contamination point)

Best of luck

I need your thoughts on this I hope you can help me.

This coming friday i'll be conducting an audit with flour milling  as our supplier , what are the things that i should look into or give more focus on?

Do you have a specification for yr "product" ? That should give some ideas for factors regarding GMP/Process in respect to  Quality / Safety aspects.

Basic GMP requirements are covered in a multitude of locations. eg CFR 110

Is there anything they are not letting you look at?

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing