What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Headspace Sterilization

Started by , Jul 06 2018 06:36 PM
2 Replies

I am currently working on a product that has a very high brix and below 0.85 aW with a pH range of 5 - 6.5.  This product does not fall under the requirements for needing a scheduled process by a PA, however as I am working on the risk assessment and HACCP plan I could use some additional insight from a larger group.  The product will be filled hot.  Generally, this product would then be inverted to sanitize the headspace and lid, however a tunnel pasteurizer is available along the conveyor system which would eliminate the need for someone to invert the jars and would work as a mechanism of moving the product to the labeling area.  I would like to use the tunnel pasteurizer to sterilize the headspace and lid to prevent yeast and mold growth.  Does anyone have any reference material that I could use as my validation documentation for the time/temperature that the tunnel pasteurizer would be set at?  Preferably from and FDA linked resource, reputable research paper for like product characteristics, etc.

Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbial Validation your container, container closure, and headspace treatment process Headspace Oxygen Analyzer
[Ad]

There is some research to be found here:

https://fbns.ncsu.ed.../Fflbiblio1.htm that may be of assistance to you particularly paper #17

Assuming your making a jam/jelly of some sort and the reference I gave you is for pickles; however, that paper speaks specifically to spoilage organisms

This research isn't from the FDA but rather USDA-ARS division, what used to be the department of agriculture, bureau of ag and industrial chemistry

this may assist as well

https://data.nal.usd...ion-portal-pmip

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbial Validation your container, container closure, and headspace treatment process Headspace Oxygen Analyzer