What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Produce sanitation using Chlorine tablets - Validation

Started by , Jul 16 2018 11:50 AM
4 Replies

Good afternoon, 

We receintly had our FSSC stage 1 audit and was asked for validation for our identified CCP Produce sanitation.   We are a catering facility and because many produce is eaten raw we have identified the sanitation procedure as a CCP. 

Problem is the Salad wash tablets containing Sodium dichloroisocyanurate only comes with SAfety data sheets,  Does anyone one have any helpful studies or references I can use for validation ? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can I produce pet food at a human food processing facility? Insect complaints RTE Salads, Fresh Produce SQFP in fresh produce Conventional vs organic produce water rinse Storage Temp as a Process Control for Fresh Cut Produce?
[Ad]

You need to find a way to test for the amount of "free or available" chlorine regardless of the forum you're using it in. you'll need a titration kit or dip sticks to check the ppm of chlorine in your wash water

Validation studies won't work because the water you're using isn't the exact same chemistry and neither is the source of the chlorine

Thank you for your comment. 

We do test the solution with Chlorine strips, this is according to the auditor not sufficient. 

We need to provide studies to show the effect  Chlorine has  on pathogens and contact times , the strips are just a verification that we are using it at the right dilution.   

I have found some articles but nothing really great, thought I would try my luck here to see if someone might have come across a good one. 

Thanks again 

ok, so your pathogens are listeria, salmonella and ecoli?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5071777/

https://academic.oup...1/4/289/4735151

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0956713517302864

https://pdfs.semanti...376009f6fba.pdf

I hope these help

1 Thank

This is perfect thank ! 

:happydance:  :spoton:

Similar Discussion Topics
Can I produce pet food at a human food processing facility? Insect complaints RTE Salads, Fresh Produce SQFP in fresh produce Conventional vs organic produce water rinse Storage Temp as a Process Control for Fresh Cut Produce? Cleaning Dried-up Produce BRCGS Fresh Produce and Authenticity Has anyone discovered a CCP in a produce distribution environment? Best GFSI recognized certification for Storage and Distribution of Fresh Produce? Yeast and Mould in Fresh Produce