What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do I need to be certified to lead ISO 22000:2005 recertification?

Started by , Jul 18 2018 07:00 AM
2 Replies
Dear All,
I am a Quality Assurance Officer in an oil company which is ISO 22000 certified. We are going for recertification for ISO 22000:2005. I am not a certified internal auditor and also not trained in the ISO 22000. However I have knowledge and experience working with the FSMS. Can I lead my team towards the recertification even though I am not certified in the ISO.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification?
[Ad]

Hi Augustinesco,

I would think the answer would depend on your experience and ability to demonstrate competence.

For ISO 22000:2005:

6.2.2 Competence, awareness and training

The organization shall

b)  provide training or take other action to ensure personnel have the necessary competencies

I personally would expect someone who is leading internal audits to have an Audit Team Leader qualification.

Kind regards,

Tony

OK. Thank you

Similar Discussion Topics
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System