What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Dietary Supplement label approval process

Started by , Jul 20 2018 07:15 PM
1 Reply

I'm helping a company get some processes defined and written down.  There seems to be a lot of disconnect from purchasing, design and actual use of labels.  Is there someone who has a process I could use to make sure I'm hitting all of the important marks of the process?  e.g.-who gives labels part numbers? how do you confirm that the received label is the one you ordered?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Dietary Supplements New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Dietary Supplements NSF 455-2 vs SQF FDA GMP 111 Dietary Supplements How crucial is having a verifier in dietary supplement production?
[Ad]

Purchasing usually attaches part numbers (usually tied to background financial information) and will assign vendors to make them 

I have always created a binder that has an actual approved label on a piece of paper with any other important info (vendor etc)

Then you create an SOP for ship/receive and/or QA to verify labels against the master binder and record how many arrived

The same binder can then be used for pulling labels for use, verify product code against label (binder should reference both) and enter that check on a production record

This should hopefully eliminate errors

Similar Discussion Topics
Dietary Supplements New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Dietary Supplements NSF 455-2 vs SQF FDA GMP 111 Dietary Supplements How crucial is having a verifier in dietary supplement production? Pesticide analysis for dietary supplements NSF ANSI 455-2 vs SQF - Dietary Supplements Dietary supplements testing FDA Dietary Supplement Warning Labels Dietary Supplement Requirements - CoC, CoA and Batch Record