What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Material for Safe, Food Contact "CheckWeight"

Started by , Aug 06 2018 07:59 PM
5 Replies

So I have a strange question. We have a cable attached to a weight to drop down into a grain bin to give us an idea of how full it is. I know there are all sorts of food safe utensil companies out there but I cant seem to find basically a brick or weight made of the food safe material. Maybe if you have your favorite food safe tool/utensil site that would also help! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material Mixed Pallet - Raw Material
[Ad]

Put it in a Plastic bag/sheath ?

You could also make it out of SS-316 as IIRC used for food contact tables but i fear not inexpensive.

Yeah. We have been making them out of metal but the bins are metal so I was thinking the best (for the current setup) fix would be to get something about 5 pounds that was made of food grade material to strap on it... I know it seems odd but I was hoping that someone may know how to get something like that. 

Yeah. We have been making them out of metal but the bins are metal so I was thinking the best (for the current setup) fix would be to get something about 5 pounds that was made of food grade material to strap on it... I know it seems odd but I was hoping that someone may know how to get something like that. 

IMEX Companies who calibrate scales routinely use SS checkweights in the 1kg to 10 kg range. IIRC (few years back)  the low-medium  ones were ca $100-300. The guy handled them like they were made of gold.

1 Thank

Get some plastic cutting boards (cheap, easily available) drill holes through so you can bind them together until you have 5 pounds or whatever you need!

Perhaps covering the material with a food grade epoxy must solve the problem

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material Mixed Pallet - Raw Material Control of Foreign Material from Carton Box Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Is it ok to use Used Raw Material Packaging as Secondary Packaging for Other Raw Material Foreign Material SS Metal BRC 4.15.1 - Raw Material on Floor