What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

EU 10/2011 - Plastic contact with Food. Question about food additives

Started by , Aug 12 2018 01:31 PM
1 Reply

Hello,

I have a question regarding migration tests for packging which contain chemicals for food production such as food additive, flavouring agent etc.

Regulation 10/2011 deals with plastic intented to come into contact with food. 

food simulants and food category specific assignment of food simulants are listed under the third annex (tables one&two).

Which simulant should i use when storing food additives such as Citric acid, Potassium sorbate and Hydrochoric acid   IBC's maid of HDPE?

Thanks in advance 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]
Hi,

as far as I know, a lab that performs migration tests will choose the right simulator if it receives a detailed description (pH, acidity and composition)

Best regards,

Carmen C.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces