What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Please recommend a reference/book describing food additive functions

Started by , Aug 15 2018 03:21 PM
6 Replies

hi everyone, I'm not a spec write by trade, but am getting tasked with writing spec's. Could anyone recommend a decent reference book that may help?

Kind Regards,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

what are you writing specs for?

Hi stevie,

Title was chopped due too long.

You need to detail yr requirement in the Post.

Hi Charles, I'm after  a good reference book for establishing the functions of additives in recipes, and also if there's anything around identifying compound ingredients? Have you come across anything?

I have a Spec tech starting soon which is going to help, Its just to help me with my knowledge.

Hi Charles, I'm after  a good reference book for establishing the functions of additives in recipes, and also if there's anything around identifying compound ingredients? Have you come across anything?

I have a Spec tech starting soon which is going to help, Its just to help me with my knowledge.

It's an enormous topic of course.

This book has (a) a list of additive functional classes vs short description of application, (b) a Table of alphabetically listed additives (chemical name) vs Function -

Handbook of Nutrition and Food ed. Berdanier (Pg 17 et seq)

This is more general text -

Guidance on Food Additives Report 2010.pdf   405.49KB   13 downloads

2 Thanks

What commodity are you speaking too?  There are a lot of experts in their field here who can assist as well as the book Charles has listed

Cheers Charles, much appreciated.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces