What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier Approval - Certificate of Analysis Policy

Started by , Aug 16 2018 03:30 PM
3 Replies

Hello everyone,

I have been out for quite some time due to job changes and new opportunities.  I missed the site and I am in the game again.

I need help in creating a CoA Policy for our Suppliers.  Could  anyone share an example of a CoA Policy that you have implemented in your organization?

The reason I am asking  to see what is the common practice.  Our suppliers are in the impression that they can provide this document as they please.and they need to know there is a new sheriff in town,  :spoton: 

Greetings to everyone and any guidance you could share is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Arquelio

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging?
[Ad]

Of course the answer depends on things like your hazard analysis and what you can get away with by your bosses.

A simple policy that would solve your problem is that product is not received without a COA.  Reject 2 trucks and they'll quickly comply.  

2 Thanks

I agree with post #2. Tell them loads WILL be rejected without prior receipt of CoA, give them a time frame to comply.  They should be able to provide you with that no issue.

I would send a nice letter out that says

Dear Company ABC

We appreciate the long standing relationship our 2 companies have enjoyed over the last xx years. As part of our continuous improvement policy effective Jan 1 2019, we will require that all of our raw material and packaging suppliers complete (CoA or attached questionnaire) 

After Jan 1 2019, all loads that arrive without prior receipt of CoA, or a substitute has been made without approval, said load will be rejected at the vendors expense.

Our company appreciates your cooperation with our new corporate purchasing policy.

I can be reached at 555-111-2211 should you have any questions or concerns.

2 Likes2 Thanks

Scampi and jcieslowski,

Thank you for your input.  I am on the right track. 

Great guidance,

Have a Great Day!

Kellio

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals Supplier Questionaire Radiological Free statement from supplier