What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hazard analysis for gluten free process

Started by , Aug 16 2018 09:00 PM
3 Replies
Hello,
Does anyone have samples of hazard analysis for gluten? 
Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP?
[Ad]

Do you mean in a facility that processes a products that contain gluten and also product that do not? What are your products/processes? Can you give more info? 

From the information you gave, allergens (wheat) would possibly be a hazard. 

Thanks for reply. Produced gluten free pasta. Ingredients list: Chickpea flour, pea protein, Xanthan gum, tapioca starch, The company also received prepackaged cheese pouches. It is just added to the bag. No allergen processing. Allergen risk is very low. 

I would still list allergens as a hazard (assuming the cheese contains milk). Your CCP would just be at the packaging step to ensure that all the boxes state that the cheese contains milk and that milk is listed as an allergen. Aside from that, I would say another hazard would be foreign material (metal), so your CCP would be metal detection.

Again, since I don't know your processing steps, I can't say for certain that those are the only hazards. Do you have a verified flow diagram of your processes?

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP? Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Salmonella testing for Candies and Marshmallow as per CFIA and FDA hazard identification Hazard Analysis of raw material ingredients Unforeseen Hazard of a Power Outage