What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Environmental Monitoring Program for Soybean Oil Refinery

Started by , Sep 04 2018 02:18 PM
6 Replies

Looking for input on an EMP for a Soybean Oil Refinery.  Plant/process is a closed system with limited inputs.  What would/should be tested for and how often.  Dry environment, filter changes during non-production times would be only time closed system is "opened."  Cooling, One filter, storage tanks, bulk tank shipping and nitrogen blanketing in storage and transportation tanks are only steps/inputs after kill step.  Interested if anyone is currently managing and EMP for a vegetable oil refinery.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility 3M Environmental sampler abrasive swab sensitivity Flour Mill Environmental Monitoring
[Ad]

Not knowing anything about your operation (still), you could monitor the couplings on the hoses used for loading / unloading.  

Thanks.  The specific loading coupling and potentially the imediate area of filters where filter changes would take place are the only 2 locations I have id'ed as EMP locations.  When speaking with another soybean oil refiner, they do not have an EMP at all since the system is enclosed and considered a low risk product with only one historical CDC reported incident in the US for microbiological contamination (due to addition of organic material - garlic).

Thanks.  The specific loading coupling and potentially the imediate area of filters where filter changes would take place are the only 2 locations I have id'ed as EMP locations.  When speaking with another soybean oil refiner, they do not have an EMP at all since the system is enclosed and considered a low risk product with only one historical CDC reported incident in the US for microbiological contamination (due to addition of organic material - garlic).

Hi Stuart,

Sounds like you have answered yr own question. :smile:

Hi Stuart,

Sounds like you have answered yr own question. :smile:

If I could only trust myself.... (see previous post about being a practicing skeptic...)

If I could only trust myself.... (see previous post about being a practicing skeptic...)

Well, I certainly agree that FSMA has succeeded in creating vacancies for a troop of Sherlock Holmes(es) as far as updating HACCP is concerned.

Just my observation but -

"Never in HACCP has so much been drafted by so many with so little benefit."

Hi, Stuart.

Depending on the process of how the filter and hoses are stored and handled, I will check if I need to sample those area as well.

Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility 3M Environmental sampler abrasive swab sensitivity Flour Mill Environmental Monitoring Environmental Swabbing Matrix Environmental risk assessment and sample quantity SQF-2.4.8 - Is an Environmental Program Required? Environmental Monitoring Frequency of Testing Environmental Monitoring