What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hello

Started by , Sep 07 2018 05:17 PM
3 Replies

Hello,

I am the Director of Safety & Compliance here at D&D Foods Inc. out of Omaha NE.  We just had a FSMA inspection by the FDA investigators.  Need to make some updates to our policies.  Been working in quality control for close to 15 years (11 here and 4 at Plumrose).  This new FSPCA for human food is a completely different animal to HACCP.  I have learned a lot from that audit and still learning.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Welcome!!! I hope you find this website/forum as useful as I have! It's full of a lot of great people with a lot of knowledge!

There is a thread for just FSMA talk. Check it out!

BTW: how did the inspection go? Anything to note?

how did the inspection go? Anything to note?

They are going after metal to metal inspections.  We had training on writing the preventive plan but not through enough.  We wrote it up as a process and we didn't have the ingredients in the HA.  They also went after overspray.  The swabbing took forever and they picked areas you normally wouldn't clean.  For example inside the crevices of the battery box for a palletjack.  The top of a column dumper.  We swabbed next to theirs and that took forever also.  They also go after the environmental testing.  we were mirroring what the USDA side was doing.  They said that was not enough.

Similar Discussion Topics