What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the benefits being a NSF certified product?

Started by , Sep 27 2018 02:25 AM
2 Replies

Good day,

What are the benefits being  a NSF certified products? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Health Benefits of Ghee
[Ad]

John,

Choosing a product that is "certified" by the NSF is basically buying a product that you know has been tested and found to be in compliance with all regulatory controls.  We choose them in our facility because we conduct most of our other training and audits through NSF and we know that they are good for facility use.  Their website says this: 

Millions of people take the safety of their food, water and consumer products for granted on a daily basis. Why? Because of three letters: NSF. NSF certification is your key to making sure that the products you use meet strict standards for public health protection.

Choosing a product certified by NSF lets you know the company complies with strict standards and procedures imposed by NSF. From extensive product testing and material analyses to unannounced plant inspections, every aspect of a product's development is thoroughly evaluated before it can earn our certification.

Products that earn NSF certification are said to be “NSF certified” or “NSF listed” and display the applicable NSF certification mark to show that they have been tested by one of today’s most respected independent product testing organizations.

Cheers!

I really don't know what the value of an NSF symbol is to the public.

I've never liked the company and that was based on how they treated their auditors and what they paid them - no, I never worked for them, but was appoached and would interact with many of them in my travels and in witnessing of auditing  at facilities that are my clients.

They are into a number of things, however that symbol means nothing to me, it's like a non-gmo certification... only being 90%.

Similar Discussion Topics
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Health Benefits of Ghee Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling