What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Fumigation of prepackaged flour per SQF code

Started by , Oct 03 2018 08:29 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

I've had a question that's been presented to me about fumigating prepackaged flour that has been found to have beetles inside of it.  I cannot find anywhere in the SQF code that states either you can or cannot fumigate product-(using a licensed fumigator) that has insects inside of it.  We are not the manufacturer we are a distributor.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Fumigation in herbs and spices SQF 2.4.3.6 - Fumigation Flow Diagram When is fumigation needed? Is Fumigation of Tree nuts like Cashew required by Legislation? Post fumigation cleaning procedure
[Ad]

Hi PSC Corp,

The SQF Code states:

12.2.10.3 Food products or packaging that is found to be contaminated by pest activity shall be effectively disposed of, and the source of pest infestation investigated and resolved.

Kind regards,

Tony

In this instance you shouldn't be using your GFSI as your go to for an answer..........what do the regulations (i.e. the law) state?

FDA says dispose of contaminated

https://www.accessda.../PCF_05_000.htm                 this link is for inspectors

If you fumigate, do you not now have dead beetles in the flour?????

Similar Discussion Topics
Fumigation in herbs and spices SQF 2.4.3.6 - Fumigation Flow Diagram When is fumigation needed? Is Fumigation of Tree nuts like Cashew required by Legislation? Post fumigation cleaning procedure Fumigation for Flat grain beetle Fumigation in Meat Industry Is it possible that fumigation is not effective for weevil or larva? How to reduce the cost of fumigation? Fumigation Requirements for Beverage Manufacturing Facilities