What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Storage and Distribution Vs FSSC 22000

Started by , Oct 07 2018 07:28 AM
2 Replies

Hi,

We are a logistics Company in India and having ISO 22000:2005 certification. Planning to apply for global food safety certifications. Can someone guide me whether I should go for FSSC22000 or BRC storage and distribition

Thank you.

Vaman Nayak

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distribution in Allergen Management ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Fssc package FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification
[Ad]

Hi,

We are a logistics Company in India and having ISO 22000:2005 certification. Planning to apply for global food safety certifications. Can someone guide me whether I should go for FSSC22000 or BRC storage and distribition

Thank you.

Vaman Nayak

Vaman,

Welcome to the forums.

This has been discussed quite often in the past. Decision of choosing a GFSI certification is mostly driven by your customer requirements (requiring a specific type of certification). A good source of to drive your decision is to check with your big volume customer/s.

Both of the standards has similarities (in most areas) and different approach (in a few). 

(IMO BRC requires more risk analysis and risk assessments as compared to FSSC)

Dear Vaman Nayak,

Nice to meet you on the IFSQN forum. Welcome here!

Please note, that a new version for ISO 22000 came out this year (ISO 22000:2018). 

The advantage is that ISO 22000 and BRC are globally recognized schedules (GFSI). As FSQA stated, you will firstly need to look at your customer requirements and export markets, to see what they are expecting from you.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Similar Discussion Topics
Distribution in Allergen Management ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Fssc package FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage FSSC New BoS Decision List