What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Website Outage

Started by , Oct 11 2018 08:29 PM
5 Replies

Apologies for the 1.5 hours downtime just ended.

I'm working with the web hosts to establish the root cause and hopefully prevent from happening again.

Regards,

Simon

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a website to check if a Certification Body is Accredited? Looks like the FDA eCFR website was updated New to the website Nutrition Label on box versus label on website only How often do you visit the IFSQN website?
[Ad]

Just a little more info on last nights outage.  I guess it's the price of popularity, we have now outgrown the current server package; this led to us upgrading the server, which should now be quicker and more stable.  If you notice any change good or bad to speed and stability let me know in this thread.

Many thanks,

Simon

Simon, I just wanted to pass on that on an SQF webinar this week, this site came up by the moderator as a source for assistance, including the tech packages available!!!!!  There were over 1000 participants signed in

That's great news Scampi.  It's really satisfying the forum and tools we provide are respected and promoted even by the big players.  As you may have seen from the website statistics I posted last week IFSQN is going from strength to strength with a YoY increase of 30% in visitor numbers.

Do you know what day the SQF webinar was? The spike we had yesterday was unusual and the webhosts think it may have been a Denial of Service (DoS) attack.

In computing, a denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) is a cyber-attack in which the perpetrator seeks to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users by temporarily or indefinitely disrupting services of a host connected to the Internet.

Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Simon

Not sure if this is related, but the "View Unreplied Topics" button is linking to the home page.

Thanks for bringing up Redbudke.

When we upgraded the server yesterday the "forum" link was taking me to the home page.

I cleared my browser cache and it fixed it.  Maybe you can try this.

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a website to check if a Certification Body is Accredited? Looks like the FDA eCFR website was updated New to the website Nutrition Label on box versus label on website only How often do you visit the IFSQN website? Is it a requirement to list a products allergens on a website? BRCGS Audits Affected by Coronavirus (official statement on BRCGS website) IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2019 v 2018 Contamination source on FDA Recall, Withdrawal, Alert Website Carver Shock Software removed from FDA website?