What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Things to check before FSSC 220000 Audit?

Started by , Oct 17 2018 07:29 AM
1 Reply

I recently enrolled into food safety position and am having my first audit. what are the things to check before the audit come to make sure all basis are covered.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
5 Surprising Things About the Pest Control Industry Big Data and the Internet of Things: Examining the applications of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for Food Safety Management Big Data and the Internet of Things: Examining the applications of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for Food Safety Management What are the main things that I need to focus on during my internal audit? How do I write a procedure to explain that we are omitting things for X reason from our Food Safety Plan and Manual?
[Ad]

Depends how long you have until the audit & what the company culture is like.

Ideally you would want to divide the standard up between the senior managers so they are aware which parts of theirs.  eg. transport manager gets all the logistics related procedures, maintenance gets their bits etc.  Unfortunately a lot of people erroneously assume that BRC or ISO22000 is the responsibility solely of quality - which is incorrect & a result of a lack of understanding of their part .  Allocating parts of the standard to the relevant staff encourages participation & accountability.

Assuming you have got this covered then look at internal audit reports to make sure all NCFs have been closed effectively.

Finally maybe conduct a "mock" audit against the standard to see how you would perform against the standard & address any NCFs found.

2 Likes1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
5 Surprising Things About the Pest Control Industry Big Data and the Internet of Things: Examining the applications of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for Food Safety Management Big Data and the Internet of Things: Examining the applications of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for Food Safety Management What are the main things that I need to focus on during my internal audit? How do I write a procedure to explain that we are omitting things for X reason from our Food Safety Plan and Manual? BRC unannounced audit - things i might have missed? Sticking Points-What little things about your job are driving you nuts Should I cover up or let things go for an audit? Lonely QA seeks community to discuss nerd things Your Ability and Willingness to Change Things