What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can I eat refrigerated pizza cold or do I need to reheat it?

Started by , Oct 23 2018 10:22 PM
13 Replies

If I keep Pizza in a fridge overnight. Should I eat it cold or if there is meat in it is it safe to warm up? Especially if the meat has already been cooked.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite HACCP plan for cold smoked trout Customer labeling of frozen pizza Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold
[Ad]
Cold or hot, doesn't matter. Enjoy!

If I keep Pizza in a fridge overnight. Should I eat it cold or if there is meat in it is it safe to warm up? Especially if the meat has already been cooked.

it depends on the pizza history pre refrigerator.

1 Thank

Most pizza ovens run at 500C +...........so as long as the pizza wasn't left out too long after it cooled no worries at all

BTW, my favorite way to reheat pizza is on the stove in butter.......both sides! MMMMMMMMMMMM

Most pizza ovens run at 500C +...........so as long as the pizza wasn't left out too long after it cooled no worries at all

BTW, my favorite way to reheat pizza is on the stove in butter.......both sides! MMMMMMMMMMMM

I've never even thought about doing that before...sounds soo good!

I believe the real question here is... Why are there leftovers?

1 Like

I guess if it was the size of a dustbin lid and deep pan there may have been a slice leftover. 

What is it with these alphabet account bots and inane questions? 

One mans inane question is another mans conundrum.

1 Like

@Slab, I could be wrong, but I was thinking it was teens (scared teens, ha) who just type random letters and don't care what their username is. 

I note that the OP has not followed up. Hmmm.

Bought in the middle of a desert (not a mirage) and left on the floor of a car all day ? Scrumptious.

Personally I find cold Pizza totally depressing so, everyhing else being equal, my answer to OP is yes but not just "warmed".

I promise I am not pulling your leg... Cold Pizza dipped in Ketchup is AMAZING!!!!  

I'm on team ranch dressing!

Hello,

The answer has already been given above, however... from a Food Safety perspective, it's a very interesting one. A lot can be happening during the non-chilled period, as a pizza can contain lots of different ingredients (cheese, spices, sauce, vegetables, meat, fish, chicken):

• What has been the state of the ingredients?
  • The condition of the pizza baker itself?
  • Time and temperature of the non-chilled period
  • Were the pathogens really killed?
  • What is, or better, what can be the intended use / shelf-life of the pizza? (See also the last bullet regarding consumer behaviour)
  • Has there been an activation of bacterial spores present in the spices during baking, which grew out and produced toxins during the non-chilled period?
  • Has there been a contamination after the pizza was baked?
  • Who is responsible, if there is a food poisoning afterwards?

https://www.zenlaw.c...ures-published/

https://www.food.gov...-bulletin-4.pdf

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Similar Discussion Topics
Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite HACCP plan for cold smoked trout Customer labeling of frozen pizza Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Pasteurized Canned Refrigerated Crab Meat Requirements for exporting frozen pizza to Australia and New Zealand Cold Smoked Prawns HACCP Washing basil for ready to cook pizza sauce HACCP Cold Storage