What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC 5.3.8, worst-case production/cleaning trials

Started by , Oct 26 2018 02:48 PM
2 Replies

Hi All,

Could anyone kindly explain to me what is worst-case production/cleaning trials, where all equipment, processes and allergens need to be considered.

What is worst-case production trial? Does it mean the production trial from equipment is under upper limit? 

What is the point of doing this?

I am really new to sanitation and have no clue. Please explain to me with some examples.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses
[Ad]

"Worst case scenario" in your case would mean something like;

All allergens used in a single day

Heaviest Production day ever (say 2 full shifts instead of one)

You were low on sanitizer so turned dosatron down to the lowest possible level 

You ran out anyway and the last 2 pieces of equipment received zero sanitizer

you had to do the same with the cleaning chemical

From a sanitation stand point...........this is to ensure when problems occur, your BASIC sanitation will still be sufficient

I hope that helps

1 Thank

On top of what was mentioned by Scampi:

Consider as well the run that will utilize all the equipment needed.

The cleaning cycle where it requires you the most manning.

On top of the heaviest production, also consider the product that is hardest to clean (e.g the most high fat or most hygroscopic carbo etc)

This also mean if you will have the resources for the most difficult to clean, resources will also be sufficient and available for the easiest.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production