What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Corrective Action and Records Section in SOPs

Started by , Nov 05 2018 01:26 PM
4 Replies

Hello!

I have recently moved to a new company and I am working on implementing a document control system for them.  I have noticed they have some SOPs that contain sections for 

• Corrective Action
  • Records 

and the statements are very broad underneath each section, like re-train and records are kept for 2 years. 

Anyone see any issues if I remove these from the documents (we are going for FSSC 22000 next year)

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy
[Ad]

it's good 

when you add correction action for and problem and record 

that's  a good way to make a change.

While you don't want to "back yourself into a corner" so to speak with overly specific corrective actions and recordkeeping specifics, you do need to define what constitutes a corrective action, recordkeeping requirements, and record retention requirements.  Whether you do that in each SOP or in one document (i.e. Record Retention SOP) is entirely up to you.  

Personally I've found it's easiest to outline record retention in a table in a separate SOP so that you can include retention requirements for other departments, but outline the constitution of a corrective action, specific corrective actions required, and recordkeeping requirements in each specific SOP.

1 Thank

While you don't want to "back yourself into a corner" so to speak with overly specific corrective actions and recordkeeping specifics, you do need to define what constitutes a corrective action, recordkeeping requirements, and record retention requirements.  Whether you do that in each SOP or in one document (i.e. Record Retention SOP) is entirely up to you.  

Personally I've found it's easiest to outline record retention in a table in a separate SOP so that you can include retention requirements for other departments, but outline the constitution of a corrective action, specific corrective actions required, and recordkeeping requirements in each specific SOP.

Thank-you! 

Follow-up question --> Not every SOP requires a corrective action (at least I wouldn't think so...) is there specific types of SOPs that an auditor would expect to see corrective action listed?

SOP's where there is a DEFINED requirement should have CA and Deviation procedures

So, something like a sanitation SOP where you have a concentration check you should have corrective actions and deviations

SOP on filling out the visitor record........probably not because you may never see that particular visitor again

2 Likes1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy SQF Backflow Corrective Actions Correction or corrective action in EMP Corrective and Preventive Action for lack of records caused by Absence of a Quality Manager SQF 2.5.3.1 - Corrective actions and root cause Can someone assist with the corrective actions