What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

1 company with 2 facilities, how many SQF safety manuals?

Started by , Nov 13 2018 12:02 PM
3 Replies
If one company has 2 facility, one producing gluten products and the other producing gluten free product is it necessary for the SQF safety manual to be the exact same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to promote the food safety culture Food Safety Meetings Validation of safety of bamboo skewers Have you met your food safety & quality objectives in 2018? My Perspective on Food Safety: The Role of CEN European Standards
[Ad]

HARD NO.

The facilities each have their own hazards according the the building itself as well as ingredients. You need to develop separate manuals for them both. You will be able to copy some items, like a visitor policy and approved supplier policy, but internal audits, hazard analysis etc will be independent of one another and each location will be audited separately.

If you would like to keep one manual, it is do-able.  In my previous position, there were two companies under the same ownership.  The buildings were right next to each other and one produced cheese, the other dried the whey.  I wrote all my policies to be the same.  When there was a difference between the two, I would distinguish between company A and company B.    

They are separate certifications.

We have a client with 1 company name, 10 facilities - each one is a separate entity as far as SQF.

Similar Discussion Topics
How to promote the food safety culture Food Safety Meetings Validation of safety of bamboo skewers Have you met your food safety & quality objectives in 2018? My Perspective on Food Safety: The Role of CEN European Standards How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? What food safety risks are associated with diluting room-temperature sauce with filtered water for sous vide cooking? Are LED high bay lights suitable for use in plastic manufacturing facilities, and what factors should be considered in a risk assessment? Can you provide a template or example of a food loss and waste policy procedure for a semi-refined carrageenan company? Can anyone recommend a reliable company to conduct an SQF audit for a food ingredient?