What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are brooms used to clean up glass a one time use only?

Started by , Nov 23 2018 04:41 PM
4 Replies

Hello, 

I was wondering are brooms used to clean up glass and brittle plastic a one time use only?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Unannounced Audit Time Glass Registry
[Ad]

Typically, yes they are one time use only, unless you have a specific and very thorough cleaning regimen of both the broom and dust pan afterward.

1 Like
Yes, correct. We should dispose them after usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa, put the brakes on...............

If glass breakage is a frequent occurrence (because let's say you pack into glass jars) then management is going to have a fit when you keep throwing away brooms and dustpans for cleaning up glass

You could just as easily have dedicated tools and a dedicated pail that are included in the sanitation schedule

I get it if it's a precautionary item to dispose of them, but then why not use a broom and dustpan that are allocated to other jobs already used and throw those out then replace those with new?

Almost always they are, especially within the facility. Many possiblities for shards of glass to be moved throughout. Much safer and cheaper to replace the broom. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Unannounced Audit Time Glass Registry Soft Drinks - Pasteurisation Time/Temp (PU's) Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Swabbing zone 1,2,3 at the same time For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area