What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What percentage of money is spent on food safety?

Started by , Nov 27 2018 09:31 PM
4 Replies

I am curious about this and wanted to get some insight...

What percentage of your company's income is budgeted towards food safety? What would you say is the ideal percentage?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi,  Redbudke.

Our budget is combined for food safety and quality.  Having to work at MNC, as a Food safety professional, I have to ensure that food safety projects (be it new equipment or process change) must be proposed with all the proper justification and complete documentation to ensure that it will be approved in the head office (This is for continual improvement while still compliant with any of the existing regulations). Should there be "unforeseen changes" along the course of the year, "unforeseen budget is also available". Also part of the proposal are all the training needed. I also ensure that we have the budget to be enrolled in the training be it internally or externally.

There is really no fixed percentage of the budget as it will be dependent on how mature the organization is in terms of food safety.

1 Thank

Hi Rebudke, I added a poll to your topic to make it easier to see the results.

Regards,
Simon

1 Thank

Wish I had an answer like it was stated above food safety is part of the overall quality program and its budget.  With only myself in the food safety area the rest of the staff (12) are all quality, it makes it difficult to provide an answer.  Ongoing training is provided to all staff during orientation and yearly refreshers, plus I will try and attend 1 or 2 trainings every year. In short I would say it is pretty minimal.

1 Thank

I said I Don't Know because I'm not privy to the bottom line numbers.
That being said, I don't really have a budget.

I guess I could ask for forgiveness instead of asking for permission...but that's the way it usually works.

Marshall

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces