What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the safety parameters in mushroom food product?

Started by , Dec 10 2018 03:15 PM
6 Replies

Hello from India !

Can anyone  suggest and help me!!  what is the safety parameter in mushroom Food product ?

In India our FOOD SAFETY AND STANDARD AUTHORITY OF INDIA (FSSAI) have't mention any mushroom product parameter and safety. Its only mention (including mushroom) and as a food technologist how can we audit this issue and solve for consumer safety.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Accommodations for Medication & Food Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES)
[Ad]

Hello from India !

Can anyone  suggest and help me!!  what is the safety parameter in mushroom Food product ?

In India our FOOD SAFETY AND STANDARD AUTHORITY OF INDIA (FSSAI) have't mention any mushroom product parameter and safety. Its only mention (including mushroom) and as a food technologist how can we audit this issue and solve for consumer safety.

Thank you.

Process ?

Yess ! Some into powder like oyster mushroom , and some medicinal like cordyceps militaris dried as a tea or powder form. Non of the company and processor don't know about the safety behind the food microbiology,only sold as a neutracetical food in markets.

Historically canned mushrooms were a classic case of Staphylococcal toxin food poisoning.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/8627083

Thank you.

The correct identity and source is important.  If the mushrooms are gathered there could be a toxic look alike.

If there is a medicinal feature concentration of the active ingredient would concern me. 

If the mushrooms are farmed the soil must be properly pasteurized. There can also be stones in the soil causing a physical contamination.

I am not familiar with damaged or wet mushrooms may harbor bacterial growth but I have seen a lot of ugly mushrooms that I would not consider eating during my food service days.

Historically edible mushrooms in the US have a very safe track record, but the supply is carefully farmed and processed.

Dave

Thank you.
In case using chemical for preservatives is not safety for consumption how can we take the parameters in this case. Any suggest ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Accommodations for Medication & Food Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Repackaging of Food Grade product As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? food safety