What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Additional Requirements for Producing Dietary Supplements

Started by , Dec 12 2018 07:08 PM
1 Reply

Hello all,

I work for a co-manufacture that produces acidified and acid food/beverage. We were approached by a client that wants to produce a dietary supplement (acidified "shot") made from herbs and coffee. I did some preliminary research into the requirements for producing dietary supplements and found that the main difference from our cGMPs and the DSGMPs are stringent label requirements and end product testing. The client is having their labeled reviewed by a third party specializing in dietary supplements. 

My question is what do we need to put in place in order to produce this product under compliance. All the ingredient inputs are whole foods (herbs and coffee) and no claims are made on the label pertaining to input quantity. Is end product testing required for this variety of dietary supplement?

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Additional Net Contents Declarations? Suggestions for the implementation of new additional requirement in FSSC 22000 V6 BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods FSSC 22000 v5.1 Additional Requirements - 2.5.13. Product Development FSSC 22000 version 5.1 Additional Requirement
[Ad]
1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Additional Net Contents Declarations? Suggestions for the implementation of new additional requirement in FSSC 22000 V6 BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods FSSC 22000 v5.1 Additional Requirements - 2.5.13. Product Development FSSC 22000 version 5.1 Additional Requirement Additional Product (same recipe with original product but packed in different packaging type) Are there any additional clauses in issue 6 of the standard? Additional Requirement, Clause 2.5.12 Procedure and template forms for the FSSC 22000 scheme additional requirements of product development? Additional requirement: control of forbidden substances