What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety Plan for Alcoholic Beverages

Started by , Dec 14 2018 12:28 AM
2 Replies

Hello everyone, :gleam:

I have created the Food Safety plan for my company (distributor), however I did not include alcoholic beverages such as beer and Sake. My reasoning behind this is that since we are distributors all the food safety hazards that can be controlled on our end are controlled through good manufacturing practices. But I am wondering if I should also keep records on our temperature controls for these products as well since this will only affect their quality and not their safety..

I would really appreciate any advise with to this matter.

Thank you in advance!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement?
[Ad]

Hello,

I think that you should keep record of the temperature of the storage room, where you keep these products, to avoid high/low temperatures that may affect them. If you already keep a record of the storage room temperatures, then this should be fine.

Do you keep these products on a separate storage room? Because if you keep them with other edible products, you should note the risk of broken glasses and how they may affect the other products.

1 Thank

Get a cheap data logger. Once a month dump the data (they plug into the USB port of your computer and come with their own software) and keep it for a year.

First Monday of the month, you retrieve plug it in, dump the data and repeat.

In case the manufacturer claims your storage is an issue down the road, you've got a nice neat bunch of data points to refute

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Accommodations for Medication & Food