What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Dry facility equipment sanitation with compressed air

Started by , Dec 17 2018 06:28 PM
2 Replies

Hello 

I was wondering what other facilities that produce plastic bottle do for a step by step for cleaning the facilities? Do they blow off the machines with compressed air? 

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food?
[Ad]

Dear Cduro,

By blowing with compressed air, you blow the dirtiness away, spreading it around.

Better is to vacuum your equipment.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Hello 

I was wondering what other facilities that produce plastic bottle do for a step by step for cleaning the facilities? Do they blow off the machines with compressed air? 

Gerard makes a valid point here.

I used to work in a cereal plant & line staff would take it in turns to "blow down" their machines, inevitably line 1s dust would end up on line 2,3,4,5.  Then when it was line 5's turn to clean the debris just got blown right back up the production floor... luckily every product contained wheat as an allergen

Nobody ever seems keen on picking up debris from the floor either, so how would you prevent this from being spread across your factory?..

I don't know legislation in USA but I know in UK there are Health & safety controls on compressed air (eg. you have to wear goggles when using it) and it is avoided by most companies but a small vacuum cleaner unit should solve the problem?...

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification COP Ancillary Equipment Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing