What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

LED light Fixtures - Glass/Plastic Inspection Register

Started by , Dec 17 2018 09:14 PM
5 Replies

Hi All,

We have switched all of our lighting over to LED light fixtures. Do I still need to include my lights on my glass/plastic register if these are made of polycarbonate?

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
See Beyond Contaminants with X-Ray Inspection Technology Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs?
[Ad]

It is still "glass or hard plastic" & assuming the location has not moved it would still be considered a risk.

However, depending on your risk assessment (which might include material of construction as part of the assessment) this may result in a change (hopefully reduction) to the frequency of checking 

1 Like

Yes, still need inclusion.

The only way to omit them is have technical documentation that proves 

A) not brittle plastic

B) 100% shatterproof

1 Like

It's just easier to include than try to prove.

Yes include, it just means that your inspections will be faster and easier - Light works = no breakage, light out = closer inspection. Given that LED lighting lasts substantially longer, your inspections over time will be much faster.

Similar Discussion Topics
See Beyond Contaminants with X-Ray Inspection Technology Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? Glass Registry Outbound and Inbound Shipment Vehicle Inspection How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit