What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What does Scheduled Facility SOP mean?

Started by , Dec 18 2018 06:56 PM
11 Replies

Can someone please explain to me what Scheduled Facility SOP means. I have looked online but can't seem to find nothing. A customer is requesting this information. Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Fumes in the Production Facility Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Pallet treatment standards for a food facility
[Ad]

Scheduled Facility "Maintenance" SOP??

That's the only thing I can come up with. It was worded scheduled facility SOP.

I'm assuming you asked for a clarification, this may be a dead issue (if so, please tell us), but let's unpack the terminology in the hopes that this helps someone who is starting out and has a similar question.

Standard Operating Procedures are just what they sound like: the specific way that a task is to be performed while conducting business.  Any time you have a document is of the topic "what to do when _____ happens", and you have a set of structured tasks, then you have a SOP.  These tasks should all be reduced to writing and may depend on each other e.g. if we were talking about restaurant SOP's, perhaps we would have one for taking a food order, making the food, and a third for delivering the food to the customer.  Although some might argue that these things are obvious, I've found it in my experience best to not assume.

Most commonly, there are SOP's by department.  Off the top of my head, I think of shipping/receiving SOP's, Production SOP's, Maintenance SOP's, and Sanitation SOP's, and personal hygiene SOP's, and even Security SOP's.  The financial and HR departments, not to be outdone, have their own SOP's, most of which are probably unknown to anyone outside of their departments.

Because you mentioned the words "scheduled" and "facility", I would guess they could be referring to are Maintenance and Sanitation SOP's, as these both have tasks that aren't necessarily performed every day, and those scheduled tasks have the potential to speak volumes about how mature a program is and how many resources are dedicated to the department.

Just throwing this out there - maybe also could refer to facility scheduling - as in production sequencing for allergen management purposes? 

Sometimes customers ask for things that don't completely make sense. Have you asked the customer what they mean by this? I would contact them and ask for clarification. 

Drum Rolllllllll!!!!! it means SOP index. Who would have thought? Basically a list of all our SOP.   :giggle:

Drum Rolllllllll!!!!! it means SOP index. Who would have thought? Basically a list of all our SOP.   :giggle:

Says Who ?

Says the customer that asked for the information. That’s what they wanted. ‍♀
1 Like1 Thank

Presumably English is not their native tongue..

Prepare for further semantic conundrums.

2 Likes

As I always say, it really does pay to talk to your customers!

1 Like

@Tony-C It truly does help to communicate with customers. I am new to the team here coming from Document control and quality work for 5 years. Manager is all new to me and I am learning everyday.

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Fumes in the Production Facility Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Water testing at new facility HACCP annual reassessment form for RTE facility Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? Can we test the water used in our facility using water testing kits?