What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What's the difference between supplier and site (SQF Code 8)?

Started by , Dec 20 2018 08:52 PM
3 Replies

Hi!!!

What's the difference between supplier and site (SQF Code 8)

I thought they were
synonyms.
But apparently they are not.
​The Code says: "Senior" means the person who has operational control within the supplier's site.
​What's going on here, I'm confuse.
​First I thought suppliers refer to the persona (company) from where we get the raw product and that site refers to our company.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?
[Ad]

SQF used to refer to the certified facility as the "supplier" and "site".  It is confusing, I know. But I am not seeing that in Ed. 8 - what section are you looking at?

1 Like1 Thank
You can find the definition of site, etc near the front of the 8.0 book.
1 Like1 Thank

Mr.Mars

I saw it on the SQF Guide

They were giving an explenation of what is a Senior Site Management

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? SQF Code Sector Question Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site?