What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 11.2.9.1 - Specs and requirements for equipment, utensils etc.

Started by , Jan 08 2019 08:11 PM
1 Reply

Hi All,

I find this section to be very confusing. Do I need to create individual specs for each piece of equipment that we use? I am working on adding into our current SOP details about only purchasing equipment that meets certain standards and that has been assessed from a food safety standpoint. What have you all done for this code section?

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification
[Ad]

I've always written up a general SOP for utensils/equipment that states that purchases must be approved by Quality, must meet food safety standards, must be made of food-safe materials suitable for the purpose, etc. 

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification COP Ancillary Equipment Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements